Sr. Staff Accountant
Company: Kingsway America Inc. (Holding Company)
Location: Itasca, IL
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Kingsway Financial Services (“Kingsway”) is a publicly traded holding company (NYSE: KFS). Kingsway aspires to compound intrinsic value per share at high rates over the long-term through efficient operations and thoughtful capital allocation. Kingsway owns or controls subsidiaries primarily in the extended warranty, asset management, and real estate industries.
The Sr. Staff Accountant’s responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing journal entries and account reconciliations, assisting with the preparation of SEC filings and assisting with close processes. The Sr. Staff Accountant will also be assisting the Accounting Manager as needed and respond to information requests by management.
To be successful as a Sr. Staff Accountant, he/she should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“US GAAP”). An outstanding Sr. Staff Accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Maintaining documentation for various accounting areas
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with internal and external audits.
- Ensuring compliance with US GAAP and assisting with the preparation of SEC filings.
- Assisting the Accounting Manager as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- CPA preferred; public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Yvonne Santana